Issue # 103
Date: Friday December 18th, 1998 7:28 pm
The Wrestling Booking Sheet
FOLEY STILL IN POLL
Mick Foley is still in the running to be The Time Man of the Year. The previous
message that was on the Time web site was placed there by a hacker (what kind of
strange person does this I have no idea). Your votes will count, and Foley is
in very good shape to win this informal, unofficial poll.
Reader Nukem18 was the man who found out the scoop on this one, and he
did it the easy way; he contacted Time directly. He asked what the story was,
and here's Time's response:
"We believe that this comment was sent around as a sort of urban legend. We
could care less who you or anyone else votes for, as evidenced by the assortment
of characters who have populated the poll. The reason the Time Man of the Year
poll keeps coming down is because some moron keeps unleashing a voting "bot",
effectively shuts down service for the rest of our users.
The matter has been referred to the proper authorities; we're hopeful the
culprit will be caught and prosecuted for a denial of service attack. In the
mean time, rest assured that you can vote for anyone, including Mick Foley,
Hulk Hogan and anyone else you can think of. Feel free to pass this message on;
we're getting deluged with mail from pro-Foley folks who are laboring under the
same misinformation as you. Regards,
My thanks to Nukem18 for sending me this report; his efforts here will,
and should be reported all over the internet. I know that he has provided this
report to several other newsletters/web sites already, including The Bagpipe
Report, and I send my thanks to him for clearing up this story. I received the
exact letter forwarded to me by several other readers, so I think this may be
some sort of form letter Time is using as their response. Many of you sent me
this report, but
Nukem18 got it to me first, so he gets the credit (for whatever that's
WCW SUES THE WWF
WCW did indeed file a lawsuit against the WWF this past week. The suit concerns
the Bret Hart documentary, which airs Sunday night on A and E. Turner
Broadcasting was very interested in signing a deal for the movie where they
would have pushed it on their stations, and maybe even PPV. The WWF blocked them
from doing it by, from what I understand, by saying that they would not release
the rights to the WWF likenesses to the Turner group. WCW is suing for restraint
of trade. I can see both sides of this one. If I were the WWF, I would not sign
releases for Turner either. If I was WCW, I would be mad about the potential
lost income as well. This one will be interesting to follow.
(Reported by Dave Scherer of http://www.1wrestling.com)
Just wanted to give you a quick update. Just got off the phone with PABLO
MARQUEZ (Babu). He is home and the whole incident was a misunderstanding. He
plans on returning to the WWF soon.
(Reported by Georgiann Makropoulos of http://www.1wrestling.com)
KONNAN PICKS HIS TOP 10
Konnan, in the in January 1999 issue of the WCW/nWo official magazine, gave his
personal list of The Top 10 Stars of the Future. Konnan is one of the more
influential men in wrestling, and although he's not a great worker, he is an
important man behind the scenes. His 10 picks, in no particular order, are:
Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio Jr., Juventud Guerrera
Jr, Raven, Chris Jericho, Psychosis, Billy Kidman, and Buff Bagwell. Not a bad
The Unk sent along the Thunder ratings, and they were strong. The show did a 3.9
rating off of hours of 3.6 and 4.2. The replay did a 1.1 off of hours of 1.1 and
1.0. Not bad from 12:50 to 2:50 AM.(Reported by Dave Scherer of
"IF HOWARD STERN WERE PRESIDENT...OF THE WWF"
Visit SamJerry's Home Page
1. The Main Event at Wrestlemania would be a No Holds Barred, Come As You Are,
All Weapons Allowed, New York Street Fight To The Death between Howard and
Kathy Lee Gifford. Frank Gifford will be in Howard's corner.
2. Intermission entertainment at Wrestlemania would include Burning At The
of Don Imus, Mankow, Don Hewitt (60 Minutes) and the entire FCC. Fans
selected at random from the crowd will be allowed to roast marshmallows.
3. Baba Booey would be appointed Ambassador to The Mustang Ranch, which will
be declared the 51st State and Official Action Figure Maker of the WWF.
4. The top Christmas toy would be Hank, The Angry Drunken Dwarf Bone Crushing
Buddy and be available at SCORES during Happy Hour and while PPV's are in
progress or by calling 1-800-FARTMAN.
5. The Godfather would use real Ho's and give them away to the winner of a
of Postcards sent in and selected at each PPV.
6. The National Symbol would be Howard with his foot buried up to the knee in
Emperor McMahon's behind.
7. Every House Show and TV Program would include at least one Striptease Match,
with Absolutely No Outside Interference (Covering Of Competitors) Allowed.
Violators will be castrated on the next live broadcast.
8. The Federation's new motto would be, "WWF Attitude, You're Damn Right We
Got F'N Attitude."
9. New Action Games will include Kane Escapes From The State Institution. It
comes complete with Axe, Butcher Knife and Assorted Other Sharp Objects;
Decapitated Paul Bearer Head; Beating Undertaker Heart; and various
10. A Useless Jobber On A Pole Match will be instituted. A Jobber will be
on the top of a pole and the first man to drag him off can use any body
tears off as a weapon.
"IF THE UNDERTAKER WERE PRESIDENT"
Visit SamJerry's Home Page
1. The Capital would be interred in The Land Of The Dead, close by the side of
River Styx. The Congress would convene at midnight, under full moons only,
2. The Undertaker's autobiography, "Dead? So, What's Your Point?" or "How To Be
Popular With The Girls Around Your Local Graveyard" would be the text for
"Cemeteries And Other Fun Places 101", at The Harvard School For
3. Paul Bearer would be appointed Ambassador to Transylvania and Special
Presidential Envoy In Charge Of Buffet Improvement.
4. The top Christmas toys would be Druid Twins Barbi and Ken, and be available
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cemetery or by calling 1-800-WERDEAD.
5. If Saddam got out of line, The Undertaker curse him in Tongues, Embalm Him
Alive and then Bury Him Alive. If that failed, he would cancel his
6. The National Symbol would be The Undertaker's Symbol, over a Fleur-de-lis of
Branches From The Tree Of Woe, with Rest In Peace, written in dripping
below The Symbol.
7. The military would consist of The Army Of the Dead, supported by The Legion
Of Doom and The Souls Of The Damned.
8. The Country's new motto would be, "Die Now, Avoid The Armageddon Rush."
9. Newly issued Quarters would have The Angel Of Death as Heads and The
Undertaker's Headstone for Tails.
10. Kane would be banished to Heaven for all Eternity, or to return as Isaac
in the here after.
Submitted by reader: brianweezal@xxxxs...
1. All Money would be stamped with "REST IN PEACE"
2. "Hail to the Chief" would be replaced with the Grim Reaper Theme
3. New committee would be made. Paul Bearer would be named Secretary
of the Dead.
4. White House would be moved from Washington DC to Death Valley, California
5. Every US citizen would be forced to tatoo their every part of their arms.
6. National Colors would be changed from red, white and blue to Black.
7. If Saddam misbehaved or acted psycho again he would be chokeslammed,
tombstoned and then thrown into the same nut house as Kane.
8. New Death Penalty: Being Buried Alive
9. Stone Cold Steve Austin would be banned from driving any heavy machinery, ie
10. Three words: Tombstone Ted Turner
===========================================Copyright- Steve Appy of The Wrestling Booking Sheet ©1998, 1999, 2000
Are you interested in wrestling video tapes? Ryan make the best deals on the
If you are, go and check out: http://expage.com/page/thetapetraders
Ryan has some good deals on this one......
WWF/WCW UK is now open to visitors so go check It out at:
That's the place to go right now, and you will find the following :Raw, Heat,
Nitro Thunder & Reports, WWF rumours, WWF & WCW South Park Wrestlers & Midi
Entrance Themes. There Is alot more for the pro wrestling fan so please come
and check it out. The site will be getting better In the next couple of weeks
and more links will be added! Any thoughts or suggestions then please mail them
edmac ; they would be appreciated!
Check out The Peoples Newsboard, found at: http://wrestlering.com/peoples/
Check out the BIGSexxY Newsletter, a weekly newsletter featuring T.V.results,
PPV results, news, rumors, and more, involving WWF and WCW. its 100% Free!
Subscribe by e-mailing: XvSYKOvX
Check out The WCW Report Center, the site to get rumors, themes, and Nitro
Reports. its found at: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Realm/8419
The staff of The Wrestling Booking Sheet
Editor: Steve Appy
Columnist: Fritz Capp
Columnist: Rick Phelps
Columnist: Cindy Barnes
Columnist: Josh Hewitt
Columnist: Tom Misnik
Columnist: Nate Pelley
Any submissions sent in by readers or columnists become the property of The Wrestling Booking Sheet, and are subject to editing due to grammar, spelling, or content. Any information taken from The Wrestling Booking Sheet must be credited properly, with our E-Mail address listed. We have no problem if you want to use our stuff; just credit it properly.